Safety should always be a driver’s number one priority when on the road and poor alignment can decrease your safety behind the wheel. Dave’s Auto Repair, LLC, ensures our Goshen, IN, customers drive safe and reliable automobiles, and part of that assurance is our alignment service.
Signs Your Vehicle Needs to be Aligned
One thing about alignment is you can always tell when it’s out. Signs your vehicle needs to be aligned include
- Poor fuel economy
- Pulling to the right or left-hand side
- Steering wheel or vehicle vibration
- Uneven tire wear
The sooner you bring your vehicle into us for an inspection and alignment service the better. Waiting not only causes further tire and undercarriage damage; it also creates unsafe driving conditions – meaning, your vehicle becomes unsafe to drive.
Dangers of Misaligned Automobiles
We mentioned that a misaligned car, truck, or SUV can pull to the right or the left and this is the first danger of ignoring alignment problems. You must be able to control your vehicle at all times, especially at high speeds. Other dangers consist of
- A reduced ability to maneuver your automobile to avoid on-road collisions or debris
- Decreased brake effectiveness, as the misaligned tires cannot apply the brakes evenly
- Increased risk of tires blowing out, which can cause you to lose control of the vehicle.
All of these add up to one thing: an accident. Obviously, nobody wants to be in an automobile accident, much less be the cause of one, so we do encourage our customers to take their vehicles’ alignment as seriously as we do, especially during the frigid Indiana winters.
In general terms, a vehicle should be aligned every two to three years. Most mechanics, including us, will align a vehicle when new tires are put on, as well. Other times your vehicle should be inspected and possibly aligned include
- If you experience any of the symptoms listed above
- If you hit a curb or constantly hit curbs
- If you hit a bump in the road at high speeds
- If you do anything else that might damage the wheels and undercarriage.
You might not realize you’ve caused damage at first, but if you suspect you have, we’d be happy to take a look. Just bring your vehicle in for a quick inspection.
We Are at Your Alignment Service
Dave’s Auto Repair, LLC, is located on Indiana 119 in Goshen, IN. We would be happy to align your vehicle and handle your other automotive service and repair needs. Call us today at 574-444-0948 to set up an appointment.